I started working on a new project, a minecraft-style unity voxel engine (Unity free compatible!).
The source code is freely available released under the MIT license.
- Easily add new world generators by just attaching them to the terrain object
- Flexible block registration, blocks can get added at runtime
- Transparent block rendering
- Realtime editing the world
- Unity physics integration (There will be a custom physics system in the future available)
- Infinite random terrain
There’s currently no documentation on how to use it, but i’ll write that later. For now i’ll focus on implementing new functions like:
- Fluid simulation
- Chunk serialization and deserialization (for saving chunk data)
- Unity networking integration
- Custom Physics / Collision system
So, that’s it for now, i’ll keep this blog updated about any new informations. Sourcecode is available here: https://github.com/kennux/cubicworld
Some screenshots 🙂